Monday, November 27, 2006

An unexpected ending

Today me and my husband is celebrating our last wedding anniversary. That is so weird. We have to divorce because only unmarried people are allowed to a legal sex-change in Sweden. When we married all those years ago I was realistic enough to know that it was a possibility that it wouldn't last forever but I did never, ever think about the possibility that the state was going to force us to divorce and that we wouldn't have any plan to separate when we divorced.

But now it is here. The last anniversary. Guess we are going to celebrate some other day in the future. The first date-day or something like that or maybe start celebrating our divorce day. But today we are going to celebrate. Presents, good food and good wine.

I have nothing to say but; weird...

Thanks for these years hubby-soon-to-be-boyfriend-again.

4 comments:

Elliot Coale said...

That's terrible, that only unmarried people can have undergo sex-changes in Sweden. But I know people whose partners have left them when they begin the process--you're a lucky guy to have a husband/soon-to-be-boyfriend (again) who will stand by you. And he's lucky to have such a sweet guy in his life and as his partner. ::sigh::...L'amour...

Linster said...

Jaaa! Hurraaa! Grattis! Sju år, bra jobbat! Äktenskap är en konstruktion, kärlek är den riktiga grejen.

Peterson Toscano said...

Alex, I remember when you first told me about the impending divorce and how ridiculous the whole thing sounded. But you have an indefatigable spirit and turn it into a wonderful thing. You rock.

Elliot Coale said...

I second what Peterson said! You do rock! ::flails arms up in the air:: You really do!