Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What is a poem?

So in English class we got to work with the homework in small groups. One assignment was to make a poem out of some of the words in the very long list I posted previously. We were allowed to use some additional words for it to make sense.

I used half of our words and wrote

disaproval at your disposal
emphasize various and regular insults
frequently clenched fists
never recall
just assume


I thought I had written a poem. Of course I would have written otherwise if I hadn't been limited in my choices of what word to write. But I think it has a meaning. But for the first time in a while I just got laugther back at me. Well, I did my homework and will surly never read another poem in that class. I will keep them for myself as usual.

Then we got more homework, so now I have to go back to that.

3 comments:

Peterson Toscano said...

Laughter sometimes indicates that you touched on truth, truth so close to the heart and mind, that it hurts if one doest deflect it with a little levity. (Just thinking outloud)

Alex Resare said...

welcome back petersön. Youre sweet. But no, the laughter was a "this doesn't mean anything and you are making a fool of your self just for trying" kind of laugther. The 2 of 3 who said anything said comments like that. One nice girl tried to smile friendly until she laughed as well. But today the teatcher talked about poetry and nobody besides me had ever read poetry outside a classroom. So now I don't feel as stupid as I did when they first laughted at me. We are just interested in very different things.

Anonymous said...

Goddamn, people are surely stupid! >:@