Friday, October 27, 2006

Done at last!


I've just been to Friday mass at the cathedral. It's one of my very few routines and I really will miss my cathedral when I move up north at new year. I'm sitting at the library behind a big glass wall and looking out at a rain storm. It's supposed to be the worst European windstorm for a couple of years and the authority's has told people in a large part of the country to stay inside if possible and more than 4% of all households in the whole country is without electricity. Here I am, sitting behind a thick glass wall looking out on the stormy weather. Autumn leaves are dancing in the wind, people outside is walking as fast as possible and I just sits right here.

I have worked so hard this week and now I'm actually finished. All of my papers are done and all of my midterm stress is over. Cant the weather tell that it is no use to hurry anymore?

Wow! Actually, when I just wrote that the sun came out. The rain is still pouring down and the wind is intense, but the sun came out and is lightening up all of the yellow maple leaves that are rumbling around in the air without any respect for gravity.

I feel very spiritual today. Tired, worn out, stressed out but happy and proud to have done a very good job this week. I'm blessed to be able to sit in here and not be a part of everyone running outside. I have the time and the peace to sit here and realize that maple leaves can be magical.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the storm here in Scotland just before you did. Sent it on over specially! Wow - what an event. Love to experience the power in nature (despite the hardship it brings to some).

Eric said...

i would like to see maple leaves. i would like to be still long enough to see them.

=)

Alex Resare said...

scotmagicman: thank you for bringing it over! I really enyoyed it.

eric: Now the winter is here and the leaves is coverd with withe snow.