Friday, October 27, 2006

Transcomics and new hormones



I stumbled across Transe-Generation and got caught up for two hours. I just love it. It is so relieving to read other transdudes experiences.

Two days ago I got back on my hormones after a couple of looooong moths waiting for the right prescription. The Swedish transcare is slow but free. You can read more about our Swedish trans care on mr Toscanos: A Musing. I wrote my story and he published it in two peaces.

Well, I had to change my medication and this new one they inject in... well... my behind. I guess they thought that being a dick-less dude wasn't humiliating enough so they changed the injections you took by your self in your thigh to this other that a transignorant old hag injects while you have to bulge up your but. Farewell my dear integrity. I liked getting to know you...!

But of course it feels great to be back on track. I have gotten way to feminine to recognize myself.
This week I learned that my chest op. that I was promised to get done in September is delayed because of one of the surgeons has been on sick leave for few months and that I can’t get my chest done for a couple of months. I don’t know what to do. If I wait it will probably be done in March or April. If I pay for it myself I can get it done in a month. But is it worth 30000 SEK (just over $4000). What is it worth to get it done a couple of months earlier? Idunno

3 comments:

Peterson Toscano said...

That comic is amazing especially after talking with you about your recent trials to get your hormones.

Elliot Coale said...

It's so interesting to me how simple it sounds for trans people (or at least transmen) to get the medical care they need where you live, Alex. I wish that things were that way here in the States. But, of course, we have to have an ignorant, bastard, Republican president. You're definitely lucky. And you've still got the support of your partner and your children (of course)--my family...well, let's just say you're really, really lucky to have the support that you do. I hope your chest surgery turns out ok, when you're able to get it.

Alex Resare said...

Well, it is easy if you have a lot of time and mental strength. But the process is built to break you down and it has a very high success rate.

I am very lucky and I have great support from home. That makes all the difference in the world.